We have worked on a number of steam locomotives both for heritage railways and private individuals. I have added a few photos below to show a flavour of the work completed.
A new locomotive to our workshop is the Wigan Coal & Iron Co. Ltd, 0 – 6 – 0, ‘Lindsay’. A few photos of the arrival can be seen on our ‘blog page’. Our engineer, Dan, was smiling at the beginning of the tube removal process.
These photos are from the repairs to a Pecket & Sons of Bristol locomotive from the Kent and East Sussex Railway.
These photos are of the locomotive ‘Tom Rolt’, 0 – 4 – 2 T, of the Talyllyn Railway. The locomotive required a new front section of barrel and smokebox.
This locomotive, from the Bredgar and Wormshill Light Railway, required a backhead repair. It has a copper firebox and stays. We replaced the backhead plate, NDT tested on-site, rivetted the firehole and foundation rings and have fitted new copper stays.
This locomotive, from the Richmond Light Railway, had new flanged and welded firebox, new firebox girders and new front tubeplate.